Thank you simaroseblossum for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This is the first time i’ve actually understood what to do when being nominated with an award so I figured I would give it a shot!
The award aims to expose new bloggers and help mark their blog in the blogging world. Here are the rules to accept.
· Post the award on your blog.
· Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
· Write 11 random facts about yourself.
· Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
· Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Facts about me:
1. I had never been to Europe until this past year and now I don’t want to leave.
2. I trust people way to easily than end up getting hurt
3. I miss watching hockey desperately and being that hockey sister
4. I am always cold and find it hard to keep warm
5. I don’t have any plans on pursuing a career anytime soon
6. I grew up not wanting kids but now that I’ve realized how amazing they really are I can see myself having a big family one day
7. I am missing 9 adult teeth, good old genetics.
8. My favorite movie is UP
9. I started working at the age of 13 and haven’t stopped since.
10. My parents are both my biggest role models in life for different reasons
11. I’m obsessed with mustard… obsessed
- What was your favorite weekend trip?
I’m going to have to go with my most recent one to Rome. To begin with, it was my first European weekend trip and also got to spend it with a great friend! I loved how different the city was than anything I was used to. The wine was delicious, pizza was huge and the weather was to die for!
- When did you know you caught wanderlust?
I honestly got the craving to travel my last trip that I took to Cuba. It was during my first year of college so I was obviously under a lot of stress and when I went away I truly und how relaxing and fulfilling travelling can be. I was so intrigued to learn about their culture and to discover the difference between the simple life I was living to theirs. Coming to France, I really wanted to make sure I was able to be immersed in their culture to really feel like I was one of their own.
- Who do you want to vacation with?
I love vacationing with people that are excited to explore and not necessarily have a set plan of where or what they are doing. I think it would be super fun to vacation with my 2 closest friends here in Paris because that’s exactly what we have been doing here so far, so I can’t even imagine doing it over again in a new country.
- What do you like to do on Sunday afternoons?
Typically Sundays are my “off” day so that either means that I am lounging around the house with the family or wandering around the lonely Paris streets. I must admit Sundays are not very lively in Paris because the majority of things are closed. Last Sunday was probably my favorites so far actually, I mean who wouldn’t love a romantic boat ride along the seine at sunset?
- What is your favorite cocktail?
Lately I’ve been going crazy for pina colodas. I’m really not sure where this craving has come from, maybe I just want it to feel a bit more tropical and hot, who knows.
- What song describes your mood today?
Let it go. I’m not just saying this because my girl is obsessed with frozen and I get to listen to it every day but once I actually realized what the lyrics are saying, I felt it really spoke to me. The song is about letting go of fear and blossoming into the person you really are which is kind of how I feel with my own life. With every fear I’m faced with I push forward and use my strength to be who I really am and not hidden behind my fear.
- What is your favorite spice?
Cinnamon by far! I put it on everything and anything.
- Which celebrities do you want to be your parents?
I actually wouldn’t change my parents for the world, nor would I want to be a child of a celebrity. I think it would be fun for a while, but their lives just seem so hectic and chaotic, and really how many celebrities are still happily married…
- If you could study anything for free for a year what would it be?
Baking and Pastry art, something I should have done to begin with but I didn’t follow my heart and did what I thought was the responsible thing to do; now look where I am. I don’t regret my decisions in life though because I feel everything has a purpose and happens for a reason, so maybe I wouldn’t be here in France today if I had of done things differently in the past.
- What is your advice to other bloggers?
Don’t force your posts. I’ve defiantly had those posts where I just write them because I have nothing better to say but they are very poorly done. I find I’m able to express my best thoughts when I least expect to but that’s just what works for me.
- If you could live somewhere for a year where would you go and what would you do?
Oh this is a tough one. A year is a long time so realistically it would have to be somewheres with a culture relative enough to what I’m used to between Canada and France. I think New York would be an interesting place to spend a year if I was to chose a city atmosphere but honestly I think Costa Rica or somewheres south would be an amazing trip.
My questions to my fellow bloggers:
1. Where would you go if you could jump on a plane right now?
2. What’s your favourite book?
3. What’s something that you have learned recently?
4. If you had to eat something everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?
5. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done?
6. Where do you see yourself in a year from now?
7. Do you see the glass as half full or half empty?
8. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the world travel?
9. Who do you miss the most?
10. Why do you blog?
11. What’s your favourite childhood memory?